OfficePower/Xtra Version 3
The following capabilities were introduced with OfficePower/Xtra V3:
Internet Mail Gateway included as part of V3 so that emails can also be sent and received over the Internet/intranet.
Support for a configurable limit on mail message size (current default 2Mbytes) (for details, see the Genesis knowledge entry KE0006247).
User preference for printing defaults for record objects.
OfficePower for Windows V3:
Integration Kit for WordPerfect V7 and V8.
Off-line viewing of OfficePower-Word documents.
OfficePower for Windows Workspace:
- GUI interface to printing PC files on OfficePower printers.
- GUI interface to printing mail items (using MS Word).
- GUI interface to "prep" mailbox.
- Extract addressees from forwarded mail items.
- Conversion option while viewing or extracting mail attachments.
- Support for "Page 2" options when sending mail.
- Option to "attach as generic" so that 'binary objects' can be emailed unchanged by the mail system.
New PC product for use by non-OfficePower users: PowerSet.
A package for PC users to view and edit files they have received or copied, comprising:
Document "Auto-recogniser" for email attachments and other files, including support for OfficePower-Word documents and OfficePower record objects.
Free-standing viewer for OfficePower-Word documents.
Free-standing viewer for OfficePower record objects.
New UNIX product for UNIX servers that allows OfficePower for Windows PC users to run UNIX applications: PowerIt.
A component that is installed on non-OfficePower UNIX servers that allows PC users who are using OfficePower for Windows to access UNIX applications and services on those non-OfficePower servers.